Sunday, November 2, 2008

Post Game: Tampa Bay 3 Senators 2 (Shootout loss)

I listened to as much of the game tonight on the Team 1200 as I could stomach. I really don't like listening to someone elses interpretation of the game, when I am not able to watch the plays myself and come up with my own ideas.

But I am a little antsy right now, so I figured I would jot down a couple quick thoughts

-I know the Team 1200 is an Ottawa station, but man, did they really heap on the Sens love tonight. It seemed like every call against the Sens was doubtful or marginal, the goal cameras were turned off in some grand conspiracy, etc. I like the Sens too and am obviously bias towards them, but wow, this was a full on love affair.

-Mike Fisher named Hardest Working Sens player tonight, by the Team. Too bad his hard work for stalled by Smith, who apparently had a crazy good night in net for Tampa. I am sure he'll come around. He's just fighting against the changing expectations fans and the organization alike have for him. I hope he loosens up and just works at getting the garbage goals. It seemed like Wincester, Fisher and Alfie were quite dangerous tonight for us, so maybe that will help his production.

-The shootout selections - well, they were interesting, to say the least.

-Seriously, this was apparently not the game to miss if you are a Sens fan. Well, at least we could all listen to others watching the game, a thrilling Saturday night.

Anyways, I am done for the night.

Cheers!

No comments: