Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Return of the Fish
I am going to be frank and honest. Fisher is my favourite Ottawa Senator. I know I am not alone, but in the last while, it kind of felt that way. Fisher went from perennial fan favourite to the number one whipping boy. If something went wrong on the ice, it was probably Fishers fault. Heatley missed a wide open net, he's been hanging around with Fisher too much. Spezza coughed up the puck, it's probably Fisher wearing Spezza's jersey.
I will admit to being short with Fisher this season to start, because in his first few games back, he was nothing like himself. He wasn't hitting. He wasn't fighting for the puck, he was coughing it up. He wasn't fiesty, he wasn't speedy, he was barely there. But in his last few games, he's returned. He's been fighting, hitting, skating, shooting, he's been everywhere on the ice. But since he wasn't lighting the lamp, he was trade bait. I only hope people can realize how lucky we are as a fanbase to have a player like him on our roster.
It's only two points, and we don't really know if the man is truly back in full form, but here's to hoping he keeps playing like he did last night.
Congratulations to him for finally breaking the goose egg that has plagued him for far too long.
Cheers!
PS - Did anyone else notice how happy the whole team was when he scored? I am sure it was partially because, heck, they just won on home ice, but did you see how they swarmed Fisher, patting him on the back and head for a few minutes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment