Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pre-Season

I am going to be honest here for a moment. I totally forgot about this blog. Life (read: work) took over and I became a hermit, locked in my office, fervishly attempting to finish all my work so that I can keep this wretched job that I hate so very much. Ah, such is life.

Anyways, the pre-season Frolunda game occurred today and (not really surprisingly) the Sens pulled out a win. Also, not surprisingly, my favourite player Mike Fisher left the game after aggravating his groin. I love Mike Fisher, but my patience is wearing thin. I recall him being interviewed at the end of last season, talking about how he was going to use the summer to relax and recooperate. I remember him being interviewed part of the way through the summer, talking about how he felt like he was almost fully healed and the summer workout program he had adopted was working well. I remember him being interviewed just prior to training camp, talking about how the groin was healed and he was back on the ice. So... what's going on? I realize injuries are a mysterious bitch and you never quite know when one is going to creep up on you, but this is like a two year old injury and it seems like he can't sniff the ice without re-aggravating it. It worries me.

That's all I got rambling around in my brain right now. So I will leave it at that for now, though the Sens regular season starts this weekend, I am pumped and hopefully will have some interesting things to say then!


Cheers!

No comments: