I know everyone and their dog has a blog nowadays, and I have been very reluctant to start a blog for that reason, but truthfully, I just wanted a place where I could write my thoughts on the Sens and goings on around the league. But, I also wanted a place where I could pick peoples brains.
I noted in the first post that I started liking hockey in 2001. So, I am but a novice when compared to some others, who have followed the sport since birth. I would like this blog to be a learning experience for me and others who might just be learning the game and all its little intricacies. It's tough to be a new fan, because sometimes people get judgemental or they don't want to answer your questions. I know I have annoyed many people trying to ask them questions during a game. So, I thought this would be a good way to pick peoples brains without ruining the experience for them. Perhaps it is that angle that will set this blog apart from others....
Anyways,
A few points of note, for those still reading...
- I am new to the game, as I said, so if I write something that is wrong, or you feel I haven't quite grasped the point, then please tell me. I want to learn more about the sport, so it would be nice if the experts could share some of their wisdom and experience with me.
- I enjoy writing but am, by no means, the greatest at it. I welcome criticism/feedback of any kind. I want to try and write some different kinds of posts, like the first post here, so if you think something works or doesn't work, let me know. Spelling errors, poor sentence structure, grammar issues, etc., please point them out. If you have feedback, I want it.
- I am a Sens fan, but welcome any hockey fans to post/comment here. Having said that, I don't want it to generate a "whose fanbase is better?" pissing match. Every fanbase has a few bad apples, so let's just talk hockey and leave all that crap for the children on the messageboards, shall we?
- On the above note, I am pretty laidback and not really into censoring comments, but if people are just being insulting towards other posters, then I will probably delete that. You can insult me, I don't care, but don't insult those who are willing to come here and comment.
- This blog will be about hockey, but occasionally, I will post other OT tidbits that I think might be of interest to people, or at the very least, me. Life isn't all about hockey... Well, it is, but there's other stuff going on too. It's tough to remember that sometimes.
- I tend to ramble on and on. I write a lot. People tend to skip large paragraphs, so I do my best to break them up. But, sometimes they get away from me. Consider yourself warned.
I want this blog to be fun and lighthearted and open. So, please feel free to read, comment and enjoy!
Cheers!
2 comments:
Having said that, I don't want it to generate a "whose fanbase is better?" pissing match. Every fanbase has a few bad apples, so let's just talk hockey and leave all that crap for the children on the messageboards, shall we?
Wait until the Unholy Beast That Calls Itself The PensBlog finds you...
Welcome aboard Wilson! One thing about our little corner of the blogospheric interwebs, there's always room for one more. We're like Jell-O that way.
A comment! I've made it!
Thanks for the welcome, it's greatly appreciated. Also, for the warning, I look forward to pissing this "Pensblog" poster off! If I can't piss someone off, what's the point?!
Cheers!
Post a Comment